A criminal arrest can have a significant impact on an individual’s future. In addition to criminal penalties, those convicted may face obstacles in their occupation, personal life, and social life long after their time is served. If you have been arrested, you need to understand your rights. The criminal defense lawyers at KO provide clients with zealous defense against criminal charges in cases throughout Florida.
The firm’s criminal defense attorneys have represented clients facing charges in federal, state, or juvenile court. They also pursue criminal appeals. The lawyers at KO aggressively and effectively defend clients facing charges for a range of state and federal charges, from misdemeanors to serious felonies. Some of the charges KO has defended include:
- White-collar crimes: Embezzlement, money laundering, RICO, fraud, identity theft, internet fraud, and other white-collar crimes
- Mortgage fraud: Identity theft to obtain a loan, false inflation of property value, loans issued for nonexistent property, and other mortgage fraud crimes
- Drug offenses: Drug possession, drug trafficking, prescription drug fraud, possession of drug paraphernalia, and other misdemeanors and felonies
- DUI/DWI: Drinking and driving, drunk driving accidents resulting in injury, drunk driving accidents resulting in death, and other alcohol-related offenses
- Theft and property offenses: Robbery, burglary, shoplifting, vandalism, property damage, auto theft, and credit-card theft
- Sex offenses: Rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, internet solicitation of a minor, child pornography, solicitation/prostitution, and other sex crimes
- Violent crimes: Assault and battery, aggravated assault, domestic violence, weapons offenses, manslaughter, and murder
- Juvenile crimes: Theft, shoplifting, drug charges, property damage, DUI, sexual assault, assault, weapons possession, and other juvenile offenses
The criminal defense attorneys of KO have comprehensive knowledge of the laws in Florida and how to effectively use those laws to each client’s advantage. The firm investigates all aspects of the case, studies the facts, challenges evidence, and fervently defends each client.
If you have been arrested, are under federal investigation, or face federal indictment, it is important to consult with an experienced criminal lawyer before discussing the incident or signing any plea bargains or confessions.