Daniel Tropin is a litigator who specializes in complex commercial cases and class action litigation. Mr. Tropin joined the law firm as a partner in 2018, and has a wealth of experience across the spectrum of litigation, including class actions, derivative actions, trade secrets, arbitrations, and product liability cases.
Mr. Tropin graduated from the University of Virginia law school in 2012, and prior to joining this firm, was an associate at a major Miami law firm and helped launch a new law firm in Wynwood. His previous representative matters include:
- Represented a major homebuilder in an action against a former business partner, who had engaged in a fraud and defamation scheme to extort money from the client. Following a jury trial, the homebuilder was awarded $1.02 billion in damages. The award was affirmed on appeal.
- Represented the former president and CEO of a cruise line in a lawsuit against a major international venture capital conglomerate, travel and entertainment company, based on allegations of misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of a non-disclosure agreement, and breach of a partnership agreement.
- Represented the CEO of a rapid finance company in an action seeking injunctive relief to protect his interest in the company.
- Represented a medical supply distribution company an action that involved allegations of misappropriation and breach of a non-circumvention agreement.
- Represented a mobile phone manufacturer and distributor in a multi-million-dollar dispute regarding membership interests in a Limited Liability Company, with claims alleging misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented a major liquor manufacturer in a products liability lawsuit arising out of an incident involving flaming alcohol.
Mr. Tropin’s public speaking and awards include:
- Panelist, 2013, 2015-2018 Federal Court Observer Program: From Law Student to Young Lawyer
- Most Effective Lawyers, Corporate Securities, Daily Business Review, 2014