Josh Krut is Chair of the firm’s Community Association, Club & Resort Practice. His practice includes serving as outside general counsel to community associations, including condominium associations, hotel-condominium associations, homeowners’ associations, cooperatives and timeshares, as well as equity clubs and privately held hotels and resorts. Josh is an experienced transactional real estate attorney whose experience includes the termination of condominiums, the representation of residential real estate developers, creating condominium and homeowners’ associations for their projects, and the representation of the developers with respect to the acquisition, financing, leasing and sale of their properties.
Significant Aspects and Representations:
Community Association, Club & Resort
- Acting as outside general counsel to condominium, homeowners associations, community associations and clubs throughout the State of Florida with respect to day-to-day corporate governance issues including, without limitation, compliance with Chapter 718 and 720, Florida Statutes.
- Coordinating aggressive and innovative collections efforts on behalf of condominium and homeowners associations, resulting in substantial decreases in the accounts receivables of those associations. Successful representation of condominium and homeowners associations with respect to transition of control from the developers to owners.
- Representations of hotel-condominiums with respect to the creation and restricting of the hotel unit rental programs. Acting as outside general counsel to hotel operators and managements companies with respect to day-to-day leasing, operational and contractual issues.
- Representation of Association with respect to vote of the Unit Owners to terminate their Condominium in a $75 million transaction in Sunny Isles Beach, Florida, for which he was awarded Dealmaker of the Year by The Daily Business Review.
- Representation of Association with respect to vote of the Unit Owners to terminate their Condominium in a $55 million transaction in Surfside, Florida.
- Representation of developer in acquisition and sale of multi-million buildings in Miami’s Design District.
- Representation of national developer with respect to acquisition and financing of $150 million oceanfront, residential high rise condominium.
- Representation of Associations and Developers with respect to the termination of Condominiums.
- The Oaks at Boca Raton Homeowners Association, Inc., Board Member and Secretary
- Congregation B’Nai Israel, Member of the Board of Trustees